Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2 Pinterest Wins for Our Luau

When we host potlucks and usually theme it to help set the mood of the parties. With May being national Luau month that was the theme this time. I have never Bering to a real luau so I was really confused on food.
besides fresh fruits I decided to contribute a shrimp dish, a pina colada punch, and pulled pork.
I researched pinterest for inspiration and took 2 leaps this time for food. (I usually only pull one off per potluck)
First up Pina Colada Punch:
Pina Colada Mix
Pineapple Juice
Ginger Ale
Simply mix the mix and juice together and chill over night with the ginger ale and then mix together before serving.
Not only was this simple but a huge hit for the kiddies at the party! 

The second recipe I did was a shrimp dish. 

Another simple dish!
1 stick of butter
1pound of shrimp 
1 lemon
and italian seasoning

Melt the butter on the bottom of the dish
slice the lemon and layer on the lemon slices.
Place the shrimp on and sprinkle with your seasoning!
Pop that bad boy in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes and TATDA your finished!

Easy peasy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment