Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The World of Art

Towards the end of the school year the elementary school that my girls go to host an annual art show.
They spend one day in an art class with an amazing teacher.
The kids learn about all sorts of techniques and create some amazing pieces of their own art utilizing the things that they have learned.
The end of the year art show displays 1 piece of art from each and every child in 1st to 5th grade.
The gym turns into a gallery, hosting the 100s of pieces.
(This is not even half of the work on display)

Boo was so excited to see her "Frog" be the pick of the year.

Lo was excited to see her "Safari" on display but so NOT thrilled I pulled out the camera on her..

The art show always offers crafts for the kids to do while they are there and this year was not an exception.
The girls really enjoyed their sand paper art and magnet making!



With life becoming organized chaos with the girls getting older I thought it would be a great idea to reintroduce chores for them.

They have had these before but I got overwhelmed having them redo it because they did it half assed, that we spent more time with do overs then it would have taken me to do it on my own, plus when I became a SAHM it was easier for me to do it all.
With the thoughts of going back into the working force and biz, building the studio, my school work and my baby sitting gig it was time for me to delegate some tasks to the kiddos.


I will share more about these later in the week and other ways I plan to re organize our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment