Monday, March 17, 2014

While We Were Away: A Weekend Recap

This weekend was a fun filled and busy one and let me just say it FLEW by! 
Friday night we did not due a whole lot as I wanted to get some cleaning done for spring and I am still working on getting things re organized and cleaned out for the neighborhood yard sale and prepping for room re-do's.
Though I still really wish we could do the room swap I think that cleaning out and a fresh coat of paint will help more than I expect. 
I started working in the kitchen cleaning out cabinets and re organizing them. I got about 1/2 of the bottom ones done before I swapped over to "wine-ing" about the week with my hubby and our neighbor Tracy.

Saturday we went into the big city to spend some time as a family before we got stuck in the house with rainy days and I wanted to treat the girlies to a sweet treat. Our youngest was announced as a ROAR student this last week and it was a treat to encourage her to keep up the great work!

The problem with a big city is trying to choose where to go!
The city offers close to 20+ places and I had no idea where to start, but there are a few places on our to try list now.
We settled for TCBY since it was right next to Academy Sports (a store the hubby LOVES to gaze around)
While he went and window shopped getting ideas for his birthday coming up I took the girlies and treated them to their first frozen yogurt! (The hubby doesn't eat it anyways so it was a win win in our book)
  
 

Later we went shopping to pick up a few needs and D was still looking for the PERFECT Tween wallet to go with her new purse.
She did find one and on clearance at that. 

Later that night the girls had a sundae making party at home thanks to Ms. Tracy who brought them over some goodies to do so... So they are a little spoiled :) 

Sunday was a rainy day and we finished up some house work and the girlies went to Church.
After we all went next door so the hubby could work on his "honey to do list" for Tracy  and while we were there the kiddies did hand stands, cart wheels, and goof offed to burn out extra energy and calories...
I am still unsure who had more fun... my little kids?
Or my big ones?

This morning we woke up to snow on the ground and we were all so not thrilled about it, but it is a Monday and St. Patrick's Day!
Don't forget to wear your green and be safe!
See you all tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment