Wednesday, March 5, 2014

While We Were Away: An Unexpected Extended Weekend Recap

This weekend was to be low key and to the point nothing exciting except getting things ready for the birthday party on Saturday aka clean house and do laundry. We were however expecting some wintry mixed weather Saturday night so we spent the beautiful day Saturday in the sun and at the park! 


The kids (even the hubby) LOVE the park and they got to spend several hours there. We knew we would get rain and the possibilities of sleet was kinds of high so we wanted to try and make up for them being stuck indoors the following day.
That night the hubby and I had our lame "parent" date with some SoA and quiet time...

Sunday was FULL of rain and COLD weather and once it got dark the "fun" began with sleet hitting us..
We went to bed with preparation of power outages, extra blankets on stand by, flashlights prepped, and the readiness to move the girls into a warmer room. Though we never did loose power we woke up to this...
We never got above freezing that day and school was cancelled Monday due to road conditions, we felt like 4 degrees when I awoke and I came to the conclusion that this So Cal girl is SO over winter!
The hubby tried to go into work but was unable to so we were all home for the day...
We were exited to see things melt some but after a weather statement from the Weather Channel we knew it was only a matter of time before the schools would be cancelled again.....
Have I ever mentioned that I hate when I am right....
Tuesday school was a no go again...
We have had 5 days cancelled due to snow and ice and though it is not bad compared to other places it is rare for us to be effected this bad. 
On top of that this is the week prior to our oldest bday party which means I have lost 2 days for getting my shit  act together to pull this party off without a fault.
Also this week we have the elementary's "variety show" and we were to have rehearsals and the show already so things go pushed back some as we do the rehearsals tonight and the show tomorrow.
Also this week the Middle School is out one day for the class picks for the 2014-2015 school year. Which you know what that means...
Another day lost to planning the party because birthday girl will be home with me... 
Fan- FREAKING- tastic!
Never a dull moment. I swear :)
I hope you all had a warm weekend and I can not wait to show you how the rest of our week pans out! 
The weather is still showing a chance of more snow tonight and into the morning so if you hear me scream I do apologize now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment