Thursday, July 3, 2014

Transformation Thursday

 
A few weeks ago I bit the bullet and finally made arrangements to cut my hair and do something with the grown out mess I was sporting...
If you know me you know this is a HUGE deal and SEVERAL years in the making... several as in...OVER 7 years... but who is counting right...
 
 
While we were at it we decided to go ahead and di something with D's and Lo's...
 
Here is what we came up with...


With Lo's hair once it reaches a certain length her natural waves come out and it is a PAIN to overcome... I am almost to the point on attaching a hair brush to her hair just to get it to look brushed! I personally like to keep her hair on the shorter side since it is easier for us BOTH the manage and deal with it, but with three kids it is hard to make the every 6-8 week hair appointments and I am no cosmetologist!
She has also been DYING to have purple in her hair... I have done pink before as you can see but I wouldn't do purple because one kit could do ALL of our hair and I am not a HUGE barney fan...
Lucky for her she hangs out with this boy who's mom happens to be a cosmetologist and we struck a deal :)
She came to the house to do our hair and let the kids play together... WIN WIN!

Plus Lo got her Purple...:)
She also got her hair cut which really needed it and she loves it!
 

 
For D the original plan was to also add purple highlights. She has yet to choose a "fun" color to add to her hair so I was shocked when she requested them. Needless to say she is SO not my girly girl and was way OVER the hair process after she got it bleached in order for the purple to show...
She stayed with the bleached streaks through out instead of just the front bleached like her usual request and seems happy with it.
She tried to get me to allow her to cut it again but I am still getting over the last time we cut it. See that post here
 
As for mine I went with this inspirational image to give Amanda an idea on what I was wanting. If this image looks familiar it is a Pinterest find and it was featured in the blog here when I was in  need of opinions.
 
Like I had said I NEEDED to do SOMETHING with my hair. I have been so busy with life that my hair was showing it . It was unhealthy and LONG and I always threw it up with the lack of desire to make it do anything.... FYI... it takes FOREVER to curl, straighten or do much of anything with it.
My hair is thin so it tangles very easily and I was shedding like a mad woman!
Overall I am happy with the cut, honestly I have done something with it only one time but I like that I was able to do something with it.
The summer project I am speaking of so much has me on the go and looking a HOT mess anyways with what it entails that honestly I wear it up in a stubby little ponytail unless I am going somewhere important... Like to D's band concert... or out with the hubby for anything more than a grocery run...
Here was the results...
This is un-styled just so you know.. 
 
 
I do plan on doing something with it tomorrow for our 4th celebration with my dad flying in today. I am super excited and I can't wait to have him and my godfather (who have been best friends for OVER 30 years) reunited after many many years of life taking them on different roads.
 
Well we are off to get things prepped for this weekend and to get ready to go get my dad from the airport... I can't wait to see that man!
 
Here is to you and yours may you have a safe and blessed 4th of July!
See you all Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment