Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to School!

                We are a little less than a month away from the beginning of the 2012-2013 school year! I am so mixed emotion about this year as I realize that all 3 of my girls will be in school, and the only year all three will be on the same campus. Boo will be going to Kindergarten and it so very ready! She got only a few months in preschool in Alabama before we moved to Arkansas last October. Lo is going into the 3rd grade, though I keep trying to put her back 2nd (She thinks I am dumb, I just cannot believe she’s already in 3rd) and Koda will be going into the 5th grade! This is the last year of Elementary school here in Arkansas and then she is off too… that’s right… MIDDLE SCHOOL!

                I know that when kids get older their appetite for education and school seems to diminish. As a mom I think and know that education is important and I do not wish for my girls to HATE school like so many do now days. I am 27 and recently went back to school and LOVE IT! There is something about educating yourself that does something for the soul.

                But back on topic... I wanted to try something a little different this year for the girls, and if it is a hit I will do it for every year. I am making them a mini “survival” kit for school. This is still in the works but I had to share it, I am excited about it!

                I went to Target where they have these ADORABLE lil baskets, great for gift giving and it dawned on me I needed to do something with these! So I came up with the mini survival kit. With school supplies on sale I decided I was going to give them a few lil extras of the stuff that you know they will always need for homework. So far in these kits I have, pencils, (Boo has Mickey Mouse, Koda has Monster High, and Lo Tinkerbell) jumbo erasers that match their pencil themes, crayons, markers, and a few note pads. I want to add personal germ x for sure, and maybe a new nail polish or two just to make it a lil more fun!

SPECIAL NOTE: These have been done for less than $5 each!


                We have a cabinet that is generally used for outdoors that I have made into their game/arts and crafts keeper. There are 4 shelves and each shelf is labeled to what item goes in that space: It is has follows; 1 and 2 are for games and puzzles, 3 is for homework station, paper and pencil boxes are already there with glue sticks, pencil sharpeners and other homework must haves and shelf 4 is for Arts and Crafts. This is a great way to keep things organized and out of sight J


No comments:

Post a Comment