Thursday, July 12, 2012

The 24/7 Job!


               There are times in your life when you get a big slap in the face and you finally realize what you were told as a child is in fact and sometimes unfortunately true.
                I was told by my mother and my grandmother for years that being a mother was a 24/7, 365 job. After having 3 of my own I have come to receive that slap! There is never a dull moment in my house even with the girls being older now. 
                As a mother we wear many kinds of “hats”. We are the maid, the taxi driver, the tutor, the nurse, the chief, the baker. Then there is the organizer, the book keeper, the personal shopper, the interior decorator, the photographer, the stylist, the hair dresser, the counselor and the principle.
All of these “hats” to wear for one goal, to have raised your children to be successful, honorable, loving, person. You want these children to want be a great addition to the world that they will one day truly enter as adults. These children are our future. 
                My mom was a stay at home mom and I never understood how she liked it. I no longer work and am now a stay at home mom who gets to be around her kids more than I ever have before. I miss working, the people and the conversations I would have with my co workers and friends, but I do love being able to watch my girls grow into their personalities and their selves. It is a miracle that these children will eventually be my age and maybe with children of their own, though when that time comes I will still be “on call.” I truly hope that time is about 20 years away or so (laughs).
                As of August all 3 of my girls will be in school, so I hope to be able to find a job that will work around their school schedules.
Boo (5)

Lo (8)

Koda (10)
                It is amazing how things you took for granted, and the things you didn’t realize as a kid can come bite you! Awwww the 24/7 job! But it will be SOOOO WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment