Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Chocolate Peppermint Bark

This last weekend we went to a cook out at my Godfathers and I was always raised not to go some where empty handed. So with the vodka checked off the list all I needed was something food wise. It hit me that I had a recipe for the peppermint bark that I hadn't tried yet and thought it would be perfect to take along for the fun evening that was planned.
This recipe was so quick, I had it all done and ready to go with plenty of coloring time with the kiddos before we left for the cook out.

Chocolate Peppermint Bark:
 What you need:
6 squares (1 oz each) white baking chocolate
1 cup ( 6 oz)  semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup crushed peppermint candies




Here's what you do:
1. In mircowave safe bowl, melt white chocolate at 70% power; stir until smooth. Repeat with chocolate chips. Stir in 6 tablespoons of crushed candies in each bowl. Drop white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate in alternating spoonfuls onto waxed paper- lined baking sheet.



2. With a metal spatula, cut through the chocolate to swirl, spreading to a 1/4th inch thickness. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies. Chill until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.



I doubled the batch and since I was in a lil of a hurry I stuck te baking sheets in the freezer. They broke easily this way too. They were a hit and this is a quick recipe that will become a favorite and maybe a Christmas time tradition for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment